The International Business Accelerator already, and proudly, boasts over a 50% graduation rate of women and minority owned businesses. Always growing in scope, we've teamed up with Loyola Marymount University to create a bigger economic development engine.
LMU's College of Business Administration and the Community Vitalization Council's International Business Accelerator are partnering to create a program to catapult our local small businesses into global growth.
1. $1M in New Sales, 20 Direct Jobs, 60 Indirect Jobs.
2. Paid Interns as Temporary Labor for All Startups.
3. Watch our video on the LA2050 page for specifics!
- proper corporate entity structure
- intellectual property protection
- back end systems (data privacy, multi-currency)
- front end processes
- multicultural team building
- growth projections
- capital requirements
- int'l tax and accounting strategies
- supply chain, logistics, duties, tarrifs
- Cross-cultural and leadership programming
- international contract review
- and more
- foreign pricing and positioning
- market entry strategy
- cultural sensitivities
- branding and messaging
- ecommerce strategy
- B2B, B2C, distribution, reselling, partners, etc.
- compliance and labeling
- customer aquisition, retention and service
- IBA & LMU staff expertise and experience
- and more.
- 100% no-cost program
- pitch coaching for capital raises
- access to angel and VC network
- know-how on equity crowdfunding
- No-cost LMU business school interns
- shipping and freight credits
- access to public grants and stipends
- write off up to 90% of risk on every invoice sent
- support from public-private-partnerships
- and much, much more
We truly hope our proposal will be chosen based on quantifiable outcomes, the IBA's proven success, LMU's expertise and resources and the target market of women and minority owned businesses.
Either way, the IBA and LMU are committed to creating this program as a perpetuating economic engine to provide small businesses the resoures and expertise from our programs. Moreover, it provides a critical opportunity for college students to work one-on-one with high-growth companies.
The long term plan is to help local companies as well as invite foreign founders to Los Angeles for new market entry and US operations. This will provide a structured yet soft landing to entrepreneurs around the world eager to access the US' 25% of global purchasing power... from within.
If you know any Small Businesses who can benefit from Global Growth, please tell we have rolling applications for our 90 Days to Global Growth Accelerator.
US and Foreign Founders Encouraged to Apply HERE.